Mint Basil Granita
3-4 inactive Minutes
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 cup Basil Leaves, Fresh
2 cups Mint Leaves, Fresh
4 cups Water
3/4 cup Sugar
2 tsp Lemon Juice, Fresh
Method of Preparation
1. In a medium saucepan combine basil, mint, water and sugar.
2. Cook on medium until the sugar dissolves.
3. Remove from heat and puree.
4. Add lemon juice.
5. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours.
6. Remove and strain into a baking dish.
7. Freeze until mixture becomes slushy, about 60 minutes.
8. Break up crystals with a fork and continue freezing.
9. Every 30 minutes for an additional hour and a half, break up crystals.
10. Remove and serve.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, August 2011 Issue