Milanese Style Risotto
Most ingredients are available in the market!
lb Arborio Rice or Carnaroli Rice
5 cups Beef Broth
1/2 lb Butter
1/4 cup Dry White Wine
1 ea Onion, Diced
1/4 tsp Saffron Threads, Soaked in 1/4 cup beef broth
1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, Grated, Divided
Method of Preparation
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Sauté the onion for 5 minutes.
3. Add the wine a cook over high heat, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minute.
4. Add the rice and stir well.
5. Cook about 5 minutes, then add the beef broth, 1/2 a cup at a time, stirring constantly.
6. When the broth is absorbed, add more broth until all of the broth is used, about 20 minutes.
7. When the rice is al dente, add the saffron and the broth it was soaked in.
8. Stir in 1/2 cup of the grated cheese.
9. Top each serving with the remaining grated cheese and serve warm.
Tastes of Italia, Winter in Lombardy, January/February 2016 Issue