Mediterranean Flank Steak and Warm Bean Salad
60 Minutes Inactive Time
20 Minutes Active time
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 1/4 lb Flank Steak
1 ea Garlic Clove
3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 ea 16oz Can Cannellini Beans, Drained
1/2 cup Red Onion, Sliced Thin
1 bunch Arugula or Baby Spinach, Stems Trimmed
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup Grape Tomatoes, Halved
Salt and Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Pour 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar into a 9x13inch glass baking dish.
2. Rub garlic over the steak.
3. Place the steak into the dish, turning to coat both side with the vinegar.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
5. Preheat the grill or broiler.
6. Remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry. Discard the marinade.
7. Sprinkle the steak with salt and pepper.
8. Cook the steak to desired doneness.
9. Heat the beans in a saucepan.
10. Stir in the tomatoes, onion, oil and remaining balsamic vinegar.
11. Season with salt and pepper.
12. Mix well.
13. Spoon the bean mixture onto a platter.
14. Cut the steak across the grain into thin slices.
15. Arrange slices on the platter over top of the bean mixture.
16. Top with the fresh arugula or spinach.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, April 2010 Issue