Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
4 ea Eggs, Separated
4 tbsp Granulated Sugar
14 oz Mascarpone
4 tbsp Rum
8 1/2 oz Savoiardi Cookies (lady fingers)
1 cup Strong Black-Coffee
Method of Preparation
1. Beat egg yolks and sugar until thick and foamy.
2. Blend in the Mascarpone and rum.
3. Beat egg whites until stiff, then fold into the mascarpone mixture.
4. Drizzle cookies with coffee and fill a glass pan or bowl with 1/2 of the cookies.
5. Pour half of the cream over top and spread out evenly.
6. Cover with remaining cookies.
7. Pour remaining cream over top.
8. Garnish with candied fruits.
9. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours before serving
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi