Most ingredients are available in the market!
6 ea Zucchini
2 ea Garlic Cloves, Peeled, Finely Chopped
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
5 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
20 ea Mint Leaves
2 cups Corn Oil
2 cup Sunflower Oil
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. Soak the zucchini in a bowl of cold water for a 1/2 hour.
2. Remove the zucchini and cut off both ends.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
4. Cut the zucchini into 1/4in thick slices, cut each slice in 1/2.
5. Arrange the zucchini on 2 baking sheets and bake for 25 minutes.
6. Remove from the over and transfer the zucchini to paper towels to drain for a 1/2 hour.
7. Heat the oils together in a deep-fat fryer.
8. When the oil is hot, add some of the zucchini slices and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
9. With a strainer, transfer the cooked zucchini to the prepared sheet to drain.
10. When all the zucchini are cooked and drained, transfer them to a serving dish and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
11. Sprinkle the garlic over top of the zucchini.
12. Pour the wine vinegar over top.
13. Wrap the dish in aluminum foil and place it on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
14. Remove the dish from the refrigerator a ½ hour before serving.
15. To serve, mix and place the mint leaves over top.
Giuliano Bugialli’s Foods of ITALY