Marinated Tomato Salad
2 Hours Inactive
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
6 to 8 ea Tomatoes
4 ea Green Onions
12 ea Basil Leaves, Chiffonade
4 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp Brown Sugar
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Parsley Leaves, Lightly Chopped, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Cut the tomatoes into 4 wedges, then cut the wedges in half.
2. Put the tomatoes into a bowl.
3. Slice the white and light green part of the green onions thin.
4. Add them to the bowl with the tomatoes.
5. In a bowl, mix together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Pour over the tomatoes and toss.
7. Add the herbs and toss to combine.
8. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.