Mahi Mahi With Lemon Garlic Sauce
20 Minutes Inactive
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
4 (4-6 ounce) Mahi Mahi Fillets
salt (to season)
lemon pepper (to season)
1 lemon (thinly sliced)
1 lemon (juiced)
5 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tablespoon Antonio’s olive oil
4 tablespoon salted butter (try Kerrygold)
2 tablespoon capers (drained (optional))
2 tablespoon fresh parsley (minced)
Method of Preparation
1. Season the mahi mahi. Gently pat each mahi-mahi fillet dry with paper towels and generously season both sides of each fillet with salt and lemon pepper. Set aside.
2. Prepare the ingredients for the Lemon garlic sauce. Thinly slice one lemon and juice the other lemon into a small bowl so that you have approximately 4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice. Mince the garlic and set it aside so that it is already ready for when it’s time to cook the butter sauce.
3. Pan sear the mahi mahi. Add the olive oil to a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Once the olive oil is nice and hot, carefully add each fillet. Sear, undisturbed, until nicely golden brown on the bottom, and the sides are cooked just past halfway up the fillets, about 4 minutes depending on the thickness of your fish (the fish is cooked when it’s no long opaque-looking). Flip and continue to cook on the other side until just cooked through, about 2-4 minutes more (mahi-mahi should reach an internal temperature of 137°F). Remove from heat and transfer fillets to a serving plate.
4. Prepare the garlic butter sauce. In the same skillet (or in a new one), heat the butter, lemon juice, and lemon slices over medium heat. Heat until the butter is melted and just starting to bubble. Stir in the garlic, reduce heat to low, and continue to cook for 1 minute, or until the garlic is lightly golden. Stir in the fresh minced parsley and drained capers (optional).
5. Combine and serve. Spoon the garlic butter sauce over the mahi-mahi and serve immediately.