Little Crostata with Sicilian Blood Orange Marmalade
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
For the Orange Marmalade-
1 lb 2oz Blood Oranges
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
3 oz Raw Sugar
Juice of 1 Lemon
Juice of 1 Orange
For the Pastry-
14 oz White Kamut or Farro Flour
3 oz Light Brown Sugar
9 oz Butter, Cold, Cut into Cubes
Method of Preparation
1. For the orange marmalade- Peel the oranges and place in a saucepan with the sugar.
2. Add the juice from the lemon and the orange.
3. Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
4. Add the ground cinnamon.
5. For the pastry- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
6. Knead the sugar with the butter.
7. Add the flour, working the dough until compact.
8. Let the mixture rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
9. Roll out the dough, lay it on a baking sheet and prick it with a fork.
10. Spread the marmalade over top.
11. Bake for 35 minutes.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, April 2016 Issue