Linguine with Tomatoes and Cod
All ingredients are available in the market.
1 lb Cod (or whatever white fish is available fresh)
1 lb Linguine
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 ea Onion, Sliced
1 ea 28oz can Peeled Tomatoes, We recommend San Marzano, Drained, Reserve Juices
1 cup Dry White Wine
4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
1 tbsp Parsley, Chopped
1 1/2 tsp Sage, Chopped
Fine Sea Salt
Method of Preparation
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the oil.
2. Add the onion, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes and 3/4 tsp of salt.
4. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring to break up the tomatoes, for 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
6. In a medium skillet, combine remaining onion, wine, butter and a pinch of salt.
7. Simmer until wine is almost completely evaporated, 10 to 12 minutes, then remove from heat.
8. Add the wine mixture to the tomatoes.
9. Mix in the reserved tomato juices, parsley and sage.
10. Gently place the fish into the sauce.
11. Allow to simmer until fish is just cooked through, about 8 minutes.
12. While fish is cooking, cook the pasta in the boiling water until al dente.
13. Drain and transfer to a large serving bowl.
14. Add sauce, toss to combine and break up fish.
15. Adjust seasoning to taste and garnish with parsley.
La Cucina Italiana Magazine, November 2012 Issue