Linguine Allo Scoglio
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market
I/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 ea Garlic Cloves, Crushed
2 lbs Fresh Seafood, Divided into equal parts, Use a mix of what is freshest with equal parts of each. For example- clams, mussels, shrimp, scallops and calamari
1 ea Dried Chili Pepper, Optional
1/2 cup Prosecco
2 tbsp Parsley, Roughly Chopped
1 lb Linguine
Method of Preparation
1. Clean the fish, scrubbing the clams and mussels, peeling and deveining the shrimp.
2. In a large pan, heat the olive oil and garlic over medium heat.
3. Add the chili pepper and the clams first
4. Let cook till the clams open.
5. Add the wine and the rest of the fish (except the mussels) let it cook for a few more minutes.
6. Then add the mussels and stir.
7. When the shells of the mussels have opened, turn off the heat and cover the pan.
8. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
9. Cook the linguine according to the package directions, until al dente.
10. Add the cooked linguine to the warm seafood in the pan and stir well.
11. Remove from the stove, add the fresh parsley and serve.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, December 2010 Issue