Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
For the Crust-
12 ea Ladyfinger Cookies, Finely Ground
1 ea Stick of Butter, Melted
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1 cup Almonds, Finely Ground
For the Cheesecake-
1 1/2 lbs Cream Cheese
1 cup Heavy Creem
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
2 tbsp Lemon Extract
1/2 cup Limoncello Liqueur
5 ea Eggs
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Raspberry Preserves, Seedless
2 cups Mixed Fruit, For Garnish
Fresh Mint Leaves, For Garnish
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. To make the crust- Combine the cookies and almonds in a food processor.
3. Add the sugar, salt and melted butter.
4. Blend well.
5. Line a 9inch springform pan with parchment paper.
6. Press the cookie-almond mixture into the bottom and sides.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
8. Set aside to cool.
9. To make the cheesecake- Place the cream cheese in a mixer fitter with the paddle attachment.
10. Beat until soft.
11. Add the sugar and heavy cream, mix well.
12. Add the eggs, one at a time, waiting until each is incorporated before adding the next.
13. Add the limoncello, lemon extract and vanilla extract.
14. Mix well.
15. Pour the mixture into the pre-baked crust.
16. Place the preserves in a squeeze bottle with a narrow tip and pipe swirls on the top of the filling.
17. Using a toothpick or skewer, drag the preserves in a zigzag design.
18. Place the cheesecake on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 45 minutes to an hour, until set.
19. Allow the cheesecake to cool at room temperature for 2 hours.
20. Serve with fresh fruit and mint leaves.
Italian Cooking and Living Magazine, February 3, 2014 Issue