Lemon Ricotta Cookies
Serves 48 cookies
All ingredients are available in the market!
For the Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) Butter, Unsalted, Softened
2 cups Granulated Sugar
1 ea Eggs
15 oz Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
1/2 tsp Lemon Extract
3 tbsp Freshly Grated Lemon Zest
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
For the Glaze
6 tbsp (3/4 stick) Butter, Unsalted
3 cups Confectioners’ Sugar
4 tbsp Lemon Juice
Decorating Sugar, Small Sugar Balls (Optional)
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine butter and sugar in a bowl and cream together until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, ricotta, lemon extract, zest and juice, blend well.
4. Add 1 cup of flour, baking powder and salt. Blend to combine.
5. Add remaining flour in two parts, blending to combine between each, until dough forms.
6. Drop dough by rounded spoonful 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
7. Bake until cookie edges are a very light golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
8. Let cookies rest on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
9. While the cookies cool, prepare the glaze by creaming together the butter and sugar.
10. Continue to mix, gradually adding the lemon juice to desired consistency.
11. Decorate cooled cookies, adding the sugar balls, if desired, before the sugar sets.