Lemon Creme Souffle
All ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market
• 2 ea Eggs, Separated
• 1 tsp Lemon Zest
• 1 cup Whole Milk
• 1/3 cup Lemon Juice, Fresh Squeezed
• 1 cup Sugar
• 1/2 cup Flour
• 1/4 cup Cornmeal
• 1 tsp Salt
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until peaks form.
3. In a separate bowl beat the egg yolks slightly, and then beat in milk, lemon zest and lemon juice.
4. Continue beating mixture while adding in the sugar, flower, cornmeal and salt.
5. Keep beating until completely mixed.
6. Gently fold in egg whites.
7. Divide mixture among 6 soufflé ramekins.
8. Place ramekins in a 9x13in baking pan and fill with 1in of water.
9. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Tops should be golden.
10. Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes.
Tastes of Italia