Leg of Lamb with Roasted Potatoes
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
6 to 7 lb Leg of Lamb, Trimmed of Visible Fat
12 ea Red Potatoes
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup Marmalade
1 tbsp Sea Salt
1 tbsp Mustard Seeds
2 tsp Thyme, Crushed
6 ea Rosemary Sprigs, Optional, For Garnish
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Coat the potatoes with the oil and place them around the edge of a roasting pan.
3. Sprinkle them with salt.
4. Place a rack in the pan and arrange the lamb roast on top.
5. Season the lamb with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Roast to desired doneness (for rare, approximately 15 minutes per pound)
7. Meanwhile, combine the marmalade, mustard seeds and thyme.
8. Halfway through roasting the lamb, baste with the marmalade mixture.
9. When the lamb is done, cover and allow to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
10. Slice and serve with the roasted potatoes.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, April 2016 Issue