Jerusalem Artichoke and Red Bell Pepper Meat Topping
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 1/2 lb Jerusalem Artichokes (sunchoke)
2 ea Red Bell Peppers
1/4 cup Red Onion, Minced
1/4 cup Parsley, Finely Chopped
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. With a vegetable peeler, peel the sunchokes and cut them into 1/2inch cubes.
2. Keep them in cool water until ready to use, and then dry well.
3. Remove the cores and seeds of the peppers.
4. Cut them into 1/2inch pieces.
5. In a skillet, heat the oil and sauté the sunchoke cubes for 6 to 8 minutes.
6. Remove the cooked pieces with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl.
7. In the same skillet, sauté the peppers for 3 minutes.
8. Add the onions and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
9. Sauté for 3 minutes more.
10. Return the cooked sunchokes to the skillet.
11. Toss and then remove from the heat.
12. Add the parsley, salt and pepper.
13. Toss again.
14. Serve warm and as a side to or on top of meat.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, April 2010 Issue