Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
Check out our “side dishes” tab for some great options to serve with this delicious meatloaf!
We recommend the fennel potato gratin!
1 lb Ground Round
1 cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
2 ea Garlic Cloves, Diced
1 can Diced Tomatoes (14 1/2oz), Drained Well
1/2 cup Onion, Diced
2 ea Eggs
1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce, Divided
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Grated
1 cup Parsley, Chopped
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonfat cooking spray.
3. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine the ground round, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, parsley, tomatoes, cheese, eggs, 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, salt and pepper.
5. Mix well.
6. Shape the meat mixture into a 9x5inch loaf on the prepared baking sheet.
7. Spread the remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce over the meatloaf.
8. Bake for 1 hour, or until a meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees F.
9. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing to serve.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, October 2009 Issue