– Giardiniera is simply mixed, pickled vegetables. They are sold by the jar at Antonio’s Café and Market.
-Cotto ham is a cured ham from Italy. Available at Antonio’s Deli counter to be sliced fresh.
• 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1/4 tsp Rosemary, Chopped
• 2/3 cup Ricotta Cheese, Room Temperature
• 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, Freshly Grated
• 1/2 lb Prosciutto Cotto, Sliced Thin
• 1 cup Giardiniera, Drained and Chopped
Method of Preparation
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta, rosemary, parmesan and olive oil. Set aside.
2. Lay two pieces of ham on the board in front of you lengthwise, over lapping by half and patching holes where needed.
3. Spread 2 tbsp of the cheese mixture onto the ham.
4. On the side closest to you, add 2 tbsp giardiniera.
5. Roll the ham into a pinwheel starting with the edge closest to you.
6. Wrap each roll tightly in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
7. To serve, unwrap the rolls and slice into 3/4 in pieces with a sharp knife.