Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 lb Macarpone
1 1/4 cups Heavy Cream
1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Fresh Espresso or Dark Coffee
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp Dark Rum
1/4 cup Coffee Liqueur
12 ea Ladyfingers, Roughly Broken up into 1inch pieces
12 ea Chocolate Wafers, Chopped into coarse crumbs
Method of Preparation
1. Whip the cream until it holds soft peaks.
2. Set aside in the refrigerator.
3. In a small bowl, combine the espresso with 1/4 cup rum.
4. Set aside.
5. In a large bowl, whisk 2 tbsp rum, the mascarpone, coffee liqueur and sugar until smooth.
6. Gradually fold in the whipped cream.
7. Whisk slightly to remove any lumps, do not over mix.
8. Place a single layer of ladyfingers on the bottom of a shallow medium (1 ½ to 2quart) dish.
9. Drizzle the ladyfingers with half of the coffee/rum mixture.
10. Spread half of the mascarpone cream on top.
11. Sprinkle half of the chocolate wafer crumbs over the cream.
12. Layer the ladyfingers, coffee/rum mixture and mascarpone cream 1 more time.
13. Freeze for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
14. Just before serving, sprinkle with the remaining chocolate wafers.
Mosaic Magazine, Morgan Stanley