Iceberg Lettuce with Gorgonzola
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 head Iceberg Lettuce
1 ea Hard-Boiled Egg, Coarsely Chopped
2 ea Thin Slices of White Bread
1 ea Garlic Clove
1 1/2 oz Gorgonzola
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp Heavy Cream
1/2 tsp Sharp Mustard
1 tbsp White Vinegar
Freshly Ground White Pepper
Method of Preparation
- Wash the lettuce and drain well.
- Cut into quarters and then into large, long strips.
- Rub garlic over the pieces of bread, then break into small pieces.
- Mix bread with lettuce and gorgonzola.
- Whisk the oil, mustard and heavy cream together.
- Add the vinegar and white pepper.
- Pour over the lettuce mixture and toss well.
- Top with the chopped egg.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi