Horseradish Cheddar Cheese Ball
The cheese ball can be made and the nuts can be toasted up to 2 days in advance.
Keep refrigerated and wait to add the nuts until 30 minutes before serving.
2 cups Sharp Irish Cheddar, Grated
8 oz Cream Cheese or Mascarpone Cheese, Room Temperature
2 tbsp Prepared Horseradish
Salt and Pepper, To Taste
1 1/2 cups Pecans or Walnuts
Method of Preparation
1. In a food processor, pulse the cheddar, cream cheese and horseradish until smooth.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Place mixture into a small plastic wrap lined bowl.
4. Gather plastic around the cheese and, using your hands, shape into a ball.
5. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
6. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
7. Toast pecans on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing occasionally, until slightly darkened, 6-8 minutes.
8. Let cool, coarsely chop.
9. Roll cheese ball in nuts.
10. Let sit at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.