Honey and Rum Holiday Bread Pudding
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
16 ea Slices of Panettone, 2inx6in and 1/2 in thick
3/4 cup Honey
6 ea Eggs
1 1/2 ea Sticks of Butter, cut into 6 pieces
1/2 cup Rum
3/4 cups Sugar
1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
4 1/2 cups Milk
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Butter an oval glass or ceramic baking dish 15x13x3inches.
3. Arrange the slices of panettone on the bottom to cover, overlapping as necessary.
4. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
5. Add the honey and rum.
6. Raise the heat and stir it continuously.
7. The mixture should bubble and thicken.
8. Remove from the heat and pour over the bread, spreading it around as evenly as possible.
9. Beat the eggs and the sugar until well combined.
10. Slowly add the cream and then the milk to bring it all together.
11. Be sure the mixture is well mixed.
12. Pour over the bread.
13. Soak for 20 minutes, then lower the heat to 325 degrees F and bake for 20 minutes more.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, December 2010 Issue