Herb Roasted Pork
All ingredients are available in the market!
For the Brine
1 Pork Ribeye, about 2lbs, Tied
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Salt
4 Bay Leaves
1 Head of Garlic
1 Gallon of Water
For the Entrée
1/4 cup Canola Oil
1/4 lb Butter
2 ea Whole Thyme Sprigs
2 ea Whole Rosemary Sprigs
Garlic Cloves from the Brine
Method of Preparation
1. To make the Brine: In a medium pot, bring all of the brine ingredients, except the pork, to a boil for one minute.
2. Allow mixture to cool and then add the pork.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
4. To make the Entrée: Heat the oven to 300 degrees F.
5. Pull pork from the brine and dry thoroughly.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Heat the canola oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and sear all sides of the pork.
8. Lower the heat and add butter, thyme, rosemary and garlic.
9. Place in the oven for 30-45 minutes.
10. Baste and turn the pork frequently until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
11. Allow the pork to rest for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Orlando Leisure Magazine, November December 2006 Issue