Grilled Marinated Leg of Lamb with Mint Chimichurri
4 Hours Inactive
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 ea 6lb Boneless Leg of Lamb
2 lb Asparagus, Trimmed
3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
1/2 cup Lemon Juice, Divided
9 ea Garlic Cloves, Divided- 2 whole, 7 minced
2 cups Flat Leaf Parsley, Leaves only
2 cups Mint, Leaves Only
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. Stir together the 7 minced garlic cloves, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1 tbsp salt and 1 1/2 tsp pepper in a large bowl.
2. Rub the marinade all over the lamb.
3. Truss the lamb tightly and marinate for at least 3 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Preheat a grill for direct heat and indirect cooking over a medium-heat fire.
5. Grill the lamb over the direct heat for 8 minutes per side, turning often.
6. The lamb should be nicely charred.
7. Then move to indirect heat, cover the grill and cook for about 50 minutes.
8. For medium-rare, the internal temperature should read 125 degrees.
9. Transfer the lamb to a cutting board and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
10. Toss the asparagus with 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper.
11. Grill the asparagus for 6 to 8 minutes.
12. In a food processor, pulse the remaining 2 whole garlic cloves with the parsley, mint, remaining 1/2 cup of oil, remaining 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1 tso salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
13. Serve the lamb sliced with the asparagus and chimichurri sauce.