Green Beans with Caramelized Shallots
All ingredients are available in the market!
1. Cook haricot verts in boiling salter water until tender, about 4 minutes (or 6 minutes if using green beans).
2. Drain and transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool.
3. Drain well.
4. In a large sauté pan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
5. Add shallots and sauté for 1 minute.
6. Reduce heat to medium-low, sauté until shallots are browned and tender, 20 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with thyme.
8. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
9. Add haricots verts to shallots in skillet and stir over medium-high heat until heated through, 6 minutes.
10. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Method of Preparation
1. In a large pot, bring heavy cream, butter and chicken stock to a simmer.
2. Slowly whisk in polenta.
3. Cook for 20-30 minutes over low heat, whisking frequently.
4. Add Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.