Green Beans alla Fiorentina
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 1/2 lbs String Green Beans, Trimmed
2 oz Butter, Unsalted
1/2 ea Garlic Clove
1 ea Onion
1 tbsp Parsley, Chopped
4 tbsp Grana Padano, Grated
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. Wash and remove the tips and bottoms of the green beans.
2. Steam for 6-8 minutes.
3. While beans are steaming, melt the butter.
4. Sauté the garlic and onion in the butter until translucent.
5. Add 5 tbsp of water and boil for approximately 10 minutes.
6. This should be done until the onion becomes soft and water has evaporated.
7. Mix the drained beans with onion, butter and parsley.
8. Sprinkle with fresh pepper and grated cheese.
9. Serve immediately.
10. The beans can be placed in a hot oven until cheese begins to melt or ready to serve.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi