Gorgonzola Filled Omelets
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 1/2 oz Gorgonzola
1 tbsp Heavy Cream
1 pinch Nutmeg
4 ea Eggs
1 tbsp Butter, Unsalted
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Some butter for glazing
Method of Preparation
1. Mash the gorgonzola with a fork and blend with heavy cream.
2. Season with nutmeg.
3. In a double boiler, heat until a thick cream is formed.
4. Beat eggs until frothy and season with salt and pepper.
5. Melt the butter in a pan and pour in egg mixture.
6. Over low heat, cook the eggs until set on the bottom.
7. Pour cheese cream onto the omelets and fold in half or, raising the pan, roll up the omelet.
8. Glaze with fresh butter.
9. Slide onto a preheated dish.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi