Gorgonzola Filled Omelet
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 1/2 oz Gorgonzola
1 tbsp Heavy Cream
1 pinch Nutmeg
4 ea Eggs
1 tbsp Butter, Unsalted
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Some butter for glazing
Method of Preparation
- Mash the gorgonzola with a fork and blend with heavy cream.
- Season with nutmeg.
- In a double boiler, heat until a thick cream is formed.
- Beat eggs until frothy and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a pan and pour in egg mixture.
- Over low heat, cook the eggs until set on the bottom.
- Pour cheese cream onto the omelet and fold in half or, raising the pan, roll up the omelet.
- Glaze with fresh butter.
- Slide onto a preheated dish.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi