Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
5 oz Gorgonzola
2 ea Celery Stalks
2 oz Butter, Softened
2 tbsp Grappa
1 Pumpernickel Bread Round
Shelled Walnuts, Coarsely Chopped, For Garnish
Method of Preparation
1. Finely mash the gorgonzola with a fork.
2. Cut the celery into thin strips and dice.
3. Blend the butter and Grappa together until creamy.
4. Then mix into the gorgonzola.
5. Mix the diced celery into the as well.
6. Put into a pastry tube.
7. Pipe a finger-thick layer of cheese onto the slices of pumpernickel and garnish with a sprinkling of walnuts.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi