Gorgonzola Baked Pears
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 ea Pears, Cut in half, Not cored or Peeled
1/2 cup Walnuts, Chopped
1/2 cup Gorgonzola Cheese
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place the walnuts on a baking sheet.
3. Toast in the oven for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and set aside.
5. Place the pears, cut sides up, on a baking sheet.
6. Drizzle with olive oil.
7. Bake for 15 minutes.
8. Remove the pears from the oven and spoon the gorgonzola cheese into the center of each half.
9. Return the pears to the oven and bake for 10 minutes more.
10. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the toasted walnuts.
11. Serve warm.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, February 2016 Issue