Skillet Garlic & Mushroom Chicken
All ingredients are available in the market!
• 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 3/4 tsp Salt
• Black Pepper, To Taste
• 1/2 cup Flour
• 6 ea Chicken Breasts, Boneless, Skinless
• 2 tbsp Butter
• 8 cloves Garlic, Sliced
• 1/2 lb Mushrooms, Sliced
• 2 cups Chicken Broth
• 1/4 tsp Red Chili Flakes
• 1 1/2 tbsp Bread Crumbs
• 1/2 ea Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
• 3 tbsp Parsley, Chopped
Method of Preparation
1. In a plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper.
2. Add the chicken breasts one at a time and shake to coat. Set chicken aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter on high for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Place the chicken breasts in the skillet and cook on high until they sizzle.
5. Continue for 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is golden brown.
6. Turn chicken and add garlic, mushrooms, red chili flakes and chicken broth. Cook from 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
7. Add bread crumbs and lemon juice.
8. Plate chicken and spoon mushrooms and juices over chicken. Top with parsley.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, Sept/Oct 2010 Issue