Garlic, Hot Pepper Shrimp over Spaghetti
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 lb Spaghetti
1 lb Shrimp, Medium Sized, Shelled and cut into 1/2inch pieces
2 to 3 ea Anchovies, Minced
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 ea Garlic Cloves
2 tbsp Flat Leaf Parsley, Chopped
Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
Zest of 1 Lemon, Finely Grated
Method of Preparation
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions.
3. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 a cup of the cooking water.
4. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
5. Add the garlic, anchovies and pepper flakes.
6. Stir together.
7. Add the shrimp, cook while stirring for 3 minutes.
8. Add the 1/2 cup of pasta water to the skillet.
9. Add the cooked spaghetti to the skillet.
10. Stir in the parsley and grated lemon zest.
11. Stir together well.
12. Adjust season to taste.
13. Serve warm.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, October 2009 Issue