Fusilli all’ Amatriciana
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1/2 lb Fusilli
1 cup Pancetta, Chopped
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 ea Garlic Cloves, Chopped
1 can While Tomatoes (28oz), Drained and Crushed
1 tbsp Butter
1 1/2 cups Dry Red White
1/4 tsp Dried Red Chile Flakes
Parmesan Cheese, Grated
Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Cook the fusilli according to package instructions.
3. Meanwhile, combine the olive oil and pancetta in a large skillet over medium heat.
4. Cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add the onion and chile flakes.
6. Cook for 10 minutes more.
7. Add the garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
8. Add the wine and cook for 6-7 minutes, or until almost all of the liquid has evaporated.
9. Add the tomatoes and cook for 25-30 minutes.
10. Add salt and pepper to taste.
11. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and mix well.
12. Continue cooking until liquid almost all evaporates.
13. Stir in the butter and add additional ground pepper if needed.
14. Top with fresh Parmesan cheese.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, October 2009 Issue