Fried Mixed Vegetables
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 lb Mixed Fresh Vegetables, We Suggest-
Asparagus, Ends trimmed, Rinsed and Patted dry
Artichokes, Cut into quarters, Steamed for 10 minutes, Patted Dry
Celery, Cut into strips, Rinsed, Patted Dry
1 1/2 cups Water
1 cup Flour
2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese, Grated
Salt and Pepper, To Taste
1 quart Vegetable Oil
Method of Preparation
1. To make the flour batter, mix the water, flour, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper together.
2. Whisk well and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
3. Heat the oil to 350-370 degrees F in a deep pot or large skillet.
4. Dip and coat the vegetables in the batter.
5. Carefully drop into the oil.
6. Fry until golden brown.
7. Remove with tongs.
8. Let drain on paper towels.
9. Add additional salt and pepper if needed.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, April 2010 Issue