Fried Milanese Risotto
Most ingredients are available in the market!
3 cups Leftover Milanese Risotto (See recipe for Milanese Risotto with Saffron)
2 tbsp Butter
Method of Preparation
1. Heat a medium nonstick pan over medium heat and melt 1 tbsp of the butter.
2. Add the rice and flatten it out over the bottom of the pan with a spoon until it is as thin as a pancake.
3. Sauté until golden brown and a crust has formed underneath the rice.
4. Flip the rice pancake; this will not be very easy.
5. It’s best to slide the rice out of the pan onto a plate, then slip the rice back into the frying pan.
6. Before returning the rice to the pan, melt another tbsp. of butter in the skillet.
7. Cook until crisp on the other side.
8. Serve hot.
Tales of Risotto, Culinary Adventures from Villa d’Este by Jean Govoni Salvadore and Luciano Parolari