Fried Gnocchi with Mozzarella and Tomatoes
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 ea 16oz package of Vacuum-Packed Gnocchi
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp Butter
1 ea Fresh Mozzarella Cheese Ball
1 pint Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
Handful of Fresh Basils
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Cook the gnocchi according to package instructions.
2. Drain the gnocchi.
3. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large, nonstick frying pan.
4. When the oil is hot, add the gnocchi and the tomatoes.
5. After about 5 minutes, when the gnocchi has started to brown, add in ripped-up pieces of the mozzarella.
6. You will want to stir the pasta, don’t!
7. You want the gnocchi to stick to the bottom of the pan so they get crispy.
8. Tear the basil leaves and spread over the top.
9. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Eat warm!
Tastes of Italia Magazine, February 2016 Issue