Fried Eggplant Slices
6 Hours Inactive
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
2 ea Eggplants
2 ea Eggs
4 tbsp Butter
2 cups Milk
1 cup Bread Crumbs
1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, Freshly Grated
Method of Preparation
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Wash the eggplants, do not peel, And cut them crosswise into 1/3inch thick slices.
3. Boil the eggplant for 3 minutes.
4. Remove and set on a towel to cool.
5. Place the eggplant slices in a high-sided baking dish.
6. Add the milk, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
7. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs.
8. Add salt.
9. Mix the breadcrumbs and parmigiana together on a plate.
10. Remove the eggplant pieces from the milk and, without drying them, dip them into the egg and then the bread crumb mixture.
11. In a nonstick frying pan, heat the butter over medium heat.
12. Add the eggplant pieces and fry for 5 minutes each, flipping halfway through.
13. Do this in batches to not overcrowd the pan.
14. Serve hot.
Italian Cooking and Living Magazine, January 2014 Issue