Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
6 ea Tuna Steaks, Fresh
6 ea Garlic Cloves, Minced
6 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup White Wine
2 tbsp Bread Crumbs
2 tbso Lemon Juice
3 tbsp Capers, Drained
3 ea Anchovy Fillets, Drained and Chopped
2 oz Dried Mushrooms
1/2 cup Parsley, Chopped
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Place the mushrooms in a small bowl.
2. Cover them with water and set aside for 1 hour.
3. Place the tuna steaks in a shallow baking pan.
4. In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, wine, garlic, bread crumbs, lemon juice, capers and parsley.
5. Spoon over the tuna steaks.
6. Let sit for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
7. Turn the steaks over after 30 minutes.
8. In a large skillet, combine mushrooms, anchovy fillets and olive oil.
9. Cook over medium heat until anchovies have dissolved.
10. Add the tuna and the marinade and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
11. Remove the tuna and spoon the sauce over top to serve.
12. Top with additional chopped parsley.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, December 2010 Issue