Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
2 2/3 cups All-Purpose Flour, Plus extra for Dusting
1/4 tsp Salt
4 ea Eggs, Large
Method of Preparation
1. Sprinkle the flour on a wooden board and make a well.
2. Sprinkle with salt.
3. Add the eggs to the well.
4. Using a fork, whisk the flour into the eggs.
5. When most of the flour has been incorporated, start kneading the dough by hand until it is firm and smooth.
6. Shape dough into a ball, wrap in plastic and let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
7. Break the dough into thirds and roll out thinly.
8. Cut into narrow strips and dust with additional flour.
9. Place on a cookie sheet and set aside.
10. When ready to cook, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
11. Add pasta strips and stir well.
12. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
13. Remove, drain and add to sauce with 1/2 a cup of pasta water.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, April 2010 Issue