Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
4 ea Yellow or Red Peppers
7 oz Fontina Cheese, Diced
4 tbsp Black Olives
2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
1 tbsp Sharp Mustard
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 tbsp Heavy Cream
1 ea Garlic Clove
Salt and Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Heat peppers in the oven until the skin wrinkles.
2. Remove skin and seeds and cut into strips.
3. Whisk the mustard, salt, pepper and cream together.
4. Slowly pour in the oil and whisk until emulsified.
5. Rub freshly cut garlic inside the salad bowl, then put the peppers, cheese and olives in.
6. Pour the dressing over and toss.
7. Refrigerate for one hour before serving to allow salad to marinate.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi