Filet Mignon with Morel Mushrooms
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
2 ea Filet Mignon Steaks (8oz each)
2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
5 ea Baby Shallot Bulbs
6 ea Morel Mushrooms, Cleaned
2 ea Plum Tomatoes, Roasted and Peeled
4 tbsp Butter
1/4 cup Dry Red Wine
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Sprinkle steaks on both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Place steaks in a hot pan and cook for 1 minute on each side.
4. Baste the oil on top of the steak with a spoon.
5. Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the mushrooms, shallots, tomatoes, red wine and butter.
6. Cover and cook for 4 minutes on each side, basting with sauce when you turn the meat over.
7. Remove the steaks to two warmed plates and serve immediately.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, April 2010 Issue