2-3 Hours Inactive Time
Serves 24 Sticks
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
6 to 7 cups Flour
2 to 4 tsp each of Salt and Pepper
2 Yeast Cakes
2 cups Warm Water
1/4 cup Fennel Seeds
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Add all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. In a small bowl, add yeast and the warm water together, let dissolve completely.
4. Add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture.
5. Add the oil.
6. Mix well until a workable dough forms.
7. Place on a floured surface and knead until smooth.
8. Cover dough with clear plastic wrap and place a dishtowel over the bowl.
9. Let rise until doubled in size for about 2 to 3 hours.
10. On a floured surface, roll dough into sticks about 6 to 7 inches long.
11. Place on a greased cookie sheet about 1inch apart.
12. Bake for 20 minutes.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, December 2010 Issue