Farfalle with Walnuts
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 ea Garlic Cloves, Finely Chopped
8 ea Anchovies, Mashed
1/4 cup Parsley, Chopped
1 cup Walnuts, Chopped
6 tbsp Parmesan Cheese, Finely Grated
1 ea Lemon, Zest only, Large pieces of zest
1 lb Farfalle
Method of Preparation
1. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
2. Before draining the pasta, reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
3. Drain pasta and put back in the cooking pot.
4. In a large skillet, combine the olive oil and garlic and let simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Add the anchovies, walnuts and half of the lemon zest.
6. Cook on low for 8 minutes.
7. Add the anchovy mixture and reserved water to the pasta.
8. Stir well to coat.
9. Pour in a serving bowl and top with the parmesan cheese, remaining lemon zest, pepper and parsley.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, December 2010 Issue