Everything Spice Cheese Ball
All ingredients are available in the market!
4 oz Mascarpone Cheese, Room Temperature
2 tbsp Butter, Unsalted, Room Temperature
2 oz Pancetta, Finely Chopped
1 1/3 cup Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Finely Grated
1 ea Scallion, Thinly Sliced
2 tsp Coarsely Ground Black Pepper
2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
Kosher Salt, To Taste
5 ea Garlic Cloves, Thinly Sliced
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
2 ea Shallots, Thinly Sliced
1 tsp Poppy Seeds
1 tsp Sesame Seeds, Toasted
Method of Preparation
1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook pancetta, until browned and crisp, 5-8 minutes.
2. Transfer to paper towels to drain, let cool.
3. In a food processor, pulse the cheddar, mascarpone and butter until smooth.
4. Pulse in scallion, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and pancetta. Season with salt.
5. Place mixture into a small plastic wrap lined bowl.
6. Gather plastic around the cheese and, using your hands, shape into a ball.
7. Chill until firm, 3-10 hours.
8. Just before serving, heat garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat, about 3 minutes.
9. Drain on paper towels.
10. Add shallots to saucepan and cook about 5-8 minutes.
11. Drain on paper towels.
12. Mix garlic and shallots in a medium bowl.
13. Roll cheese ball in mixture to coat.
14. Sprinkle ball with poppy seeds and sesame seeds, pressing lightly to help adhere.
15. Serve with crackers or toasted bread.