Espresso with Kahlua and Whipped Cream
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
This recipe also works well when the Kahlua is substituted with Amaretto.
1 cup Heavy Cream
2 oz Semisweet Chocolate Chips
12 oz Hot Espresso or Strongly Brewed Coffee
2 tsp Powdered Sugar
2 oz Kahlua
Cocoa Powder Espresso
Method of Preparation
1. In a large bowl, whip the cream and sugar until firm.
2. Set aside.
3. In a small pan or heat-proof bowl set inside a larger pan of boiling water, melt the chocolate, stirring until smooth.
4. Remove and spoon chocolate into each cup.
5. Top with espresso (or coffee), Kahlua and whipped cream.
6. Dust with cocoa powder before serving.
7. Enjoy warm!
Tastes of Italia, Winter in Lombardy, January/February 2016 Issue