Egg Soup with Butterflies
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
5 1/4 oz Dried Farfalline Pasta
6 1/2 cups Chicken or Beef Stock
2 tbsp Butter, Unsalted
4 ea Eggs, Beaten
2 tbsp Parsley, Chopped
1 cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated, Divided
Salt and Pepper, To Taste
Extra Virgin Olive Oil, For Drizzling
Method of Preparation
1. Bring the stock to a boil in a large saucepan.
2. Melt in the butter.
3. Add the pasta and cook in the boiling stock for 8 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to a simmer.
5. In a bowl, mix the eggs, parsley and 1/2 cup Parmesan.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Stir the egg mixture into the hot stock and pasta.
8. Serve immediately sprinkled with additional parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, February 2016 Issue