10 Minutes plus standing time
Butter will keep refrigerated up to 1 week or frozen up to 3 months.
Most ingredients are available in the market!
8 ea Medjool Dates, Pitted and Roughly chopped
3 tbsp Marsala Wine
7 oz Butter, Unsalted, Softened
1/4 tsp Fine Sea Salt
Method of Preparation
1. In a large bowl, combine dates and wine, let sit for 30 minutes.
2. Add butter and salt to date mixture.
3. Stir to combine well.
4. To wrap the butter, spoon the mixture onto a 12x12inch sheet of parchment paper, wax paper or plastic wrap, placing an edge closest to you.
5. Fold the paper over and roll into a log.
6. Twist at the ends and wrap airtight in foil.
7. Freeze or chill until firm.
La Cucina Italiana Magazine, www.lacucinaitalianamag.com March/April 2013 Issue