Dark Chocolate Frosting
Serves 5 cups
If you would like to give this frosting extra flavor, add a teaspoon of mint, orange or coffee extract after the chocolate has been incorporated. Having this recipe will make just enough for a standard cake or a dozen cupcakes.
- 1lb Semi-Sweet Chocolate, callets ( available downstairs)
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder (purchase downstairs)
- 6 tbsp boiling water
- 3 sticks (1 1/2 cups) Butter, Unsalted, Room Temperature
- 1/2 cup Confectioners’ Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
Method of Preparation
1. Place a heatproof bowl over (but not touching) simmering water.
2. Place chocolate in the heatproof bowl.
3. Turn off the heat.
4. Stir chocolate until it has completely melted, about 15 minutes.
5. Set bowl on countertop and let the chocolate cool to room temperature, about 25 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, combine cocoa powder and boiling water in a small bowl until the powder is dissolved.
7. Beat butter, confectioners’ sugar and salt in a bowl until light and fluffy.
8. Add melted chocolate.
9. Scrape down the sides and beat in the cocoa mixture.