Custard Cream with Almonds and Hazelnuts
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
2 ea Eggs
1/2 cup Almonds, Coarsely Chopped
1/2 cup Hazelnuts, Coarsely Chopped
4 tbsp Sugar
2 1/8 cups Milk
3/4 cup Heavy Cream
1 to 1 1/2 tbsp Flour
Method of Preparation
1. Heat the milk until it is hot, not boiling.
2. In a separate heavy saucepan, mix the sugar, flour and eggs.
3. Slowly pour the hot milk into the saucepan while stirring.
4. Cook over low heat until the mixture thickens.
5. Do not let it boil!
6. Remove from the heat immediately.
7. Set aside to cool.
8. Whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks.
9. Gently fold into the custard.
10. Divide the mixture evenly into individual dessert bowls.
11. Sprinkle almonds and hazelnuts over each bowl.
12. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Tastes of Italia, February 2016 Issue