Crostini a la Romana
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
6 tbsp Butter, Unsalted
6 ea Anchovy Fillets, Unsalted
2 ea Garlic Cloves, Minced
8 ea Fresh Mozzarella Balls
1 ea Baguette, Thinly Sliced
Italian Parsley, Minced, For Garnish
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a medium sauté pan, melt the butter over low heat.
3. Add the garlic and anchovies.
4. Stir the garlic and anchovies with a fork, making sure the garlic doesn’t burn.
5. The anchovies will disintegrate in about 5 to 8 minutes.
6. Once disintegrated, remove from the heat and set aside.
7. Cut the mozzarella balls into slices, approximately 1/2 inch each.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. On a skewer, place one slice of bread followed by a slice of mozzarella.
10. Repeat until it measures 8 inches long.
11. Place the skewers onto a baking sheet.
12. Place into the oven until the mozzarella begins to melt.
13. Remove from the oven, top with the anchovy sauce, garnish with the minced parsley and serve immediately.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, April 2010 Issue