Sun-dried Tomato & Zucchini Soup
All ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market
• 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 8 cloves Garlic, Minced
• 4 cups Canned White Beans, Drained and Rinsed
• 1/2 ea Onion, Diced
• 1 cup Potato, Diced
• 3 cups Zucchini, Diced
• 4 cups Chicken Broth
• Salt and Pepper, To Taste
• 5 tsp Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
Method of Preparation
1. In a large pot, combine olive oil and garlic and cook over medium-low heat for 6 minutes.
2. Add the onion, rise to medium heat and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the white beans, potatoes and chicken broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Remove soup from heat, let cool slightly and puree in a blender.
5. Return to pot; add zucchini, salt and pepper.
6. Bring to boil and cook for 15 to 20 minutes (if soup becomes too thick, add water as needed).
7. When serving soup, top with 1 to 2 teaspoons of the sun-dried tomato pesto.
tastes of Italia